Telepresence: Seeing is Believing
This report reviews the insights provided from respondents that had determined that room video conferencing was very important to their job success. Telepresence is defined as a particularly high-end bandwidth implementation of high definition room video conferencing.
- Telepresence users value their time more than desktop users: half are willing to pay 55% more to avoid driving 40 miles to a face-to-face meeting
- Telepresence appeals to the MidMarket (over 100 and under 2,500 employees)
- There is a hierarchy of quality perceptions: Telepresence is highest quality
- Reliability is the most important decision criteria for video solutions
- Travel is the alternative to telepresence
Vendors discussed in this report: Cisco, Digital Video Enterprises, Hewlett-Packard, LifeSize, Nortel, Polycom, Radvision, Tandberg, Telanetix
This post has already been read 0 times!