New Report Offers Insights on How Managers Can Survive The Recession
Managers often feel powerless to help their companies and staff cope with recessionary times; The Manager’s Recession Survival Guide provides actionable tips to survive and prosper
NORTHBOROUGH, Mass., December 23, 2008 – Brockmann & Company, the customer insight firm released its latest independent report entitled, “The Manager’s Recession Survival Guide” which provides five tips that managers can put into practice to not only survive, but prosper during the downturn and into the recovery.
Peter Brockmann, President of Brockmann & Company said,
"Recessions do not last for ever. It is important to take steps to prioritize and focus on those activities that preserve cash and the customers’ relationship so as to only reduce cash costs but keep customer revenues coming in. These five tips help the manager regain control of the situation, motivate employees and position them for promotion once the recovery sets in."
The five tips discussed in greater detail in the Survival Guide are:
- Cash is king – tighter fiscal controls, travel restrictions, elimination of budgets and project cancelations are all about preserving cash.
- Do more with less and be seen to do more with less – your response to the reduction in available resources must be met with the higher productivity that comes from working smarter.
- Improve communications with everyone – everybody is stressed and anxious, so being seen instead of only heard can communicate non-verbal information that reduces anxiety. Use video conferencing since travel costs cash.
- Know your top dogs – do performance evaluations of your team. Set expectations for your team and let them know them. Rank order team members so you know whom you can count on and why you can count on them in the future recovery.
- Be prepared yourself – there are no job guarantees, so conserve your own cash and develop a plan B for just-in-case you get laid off.
The Manager’s Recession Survival Guide is available as a PDF download at http://www.brockmann.com and as a Brainshark Content Network presentation at http://www.brainshark.com/brainshark/brainshark.net/contentexchange/PresentationDetails.aspx?pid=742648331.
Brockmann & Company is a consulting & advisory firm serving high tech equipment, application vendors and service providers. Clients accelerate growth through customer research & thought leadership. Our motto: “In God we trust, all others bring data.” Learn more at http://www.brockmann.com.##
This post has already been read 0 times!