Somebody else may have already asked (and we’ve answered) the same question as you. Check here first.
Brockmann & Company support services are available to customers to quickly help them resolve issues that they’re having with our products. Here you will find a knowledgebase of frequently asked questions and access to our engineering team as appropriate. Please, always check the knowledgebase for any similar problem you are having and try the listed solution first.
Problems with subscriptions are addressed with Apple and iTunes App Store. Brockmann & Company cannot refund any payments, only Apple can. The Subscription section includes Restore Purchases which signals the App Store to collect your electronic receipt for service validation. Use the Subscription > Manage Subscription button to access the services to change or cancel your subscription.
All Other Issues
Many common iPhone/iPad issues can be addressed by systematically trying these methods. Of course, these may or may not resolve they specific issues, but it is usually worth a try before contacting us.
- Check that you have the latest release of the app. Tap on the Preferences section to see the Beyond ETFs version number. Include this number, typically in the form 1.0.1 (44) in any support communication with us.WHY THIS WORKS: engineering improvements are constantly being made. Oftentimes these advances fix issues that we’ve discovered and implemented. The version on your device may not be the latest which may have already addressed the problem you’re having. Next, go to the App Store > Search > and put “Beyond ETFs” in the search window. Tap on the Beyond ETFs icon and you can see What’s New and the version number. If this is different, than what you saw in Preferences, then download the update and try again.
- Check that you have the latest release of iOS. Tap on Settings > General > Software Update to see if Apple wants to upgrade the iOS on the device – a red (1) indicates that there is a software update waiting to occur. Before updating the operating system on the device, be sure to check that you have a recent backup of any content you created (recent photos, songs, notes, documents).To discover exactly what version of iOS is currently on the device, tap on Settings > General > About and inspect the Version number. Include this number in any support communication with us. Note that Model is also helpful in debugging device-specific problems.WHY THIS WORKS: Apple is constantly fixing bugs, introducing new features and retiring old features. These changes in the device operating system often effect the user experience. It is likely that the most current versions of both operating system and Beyond ETFs product will resolve most known issues.
- Remove other apps from memory. Double-tap the home button so that you get a horizontal scroll of the apps you have recently had open. Swipe all the other apps up, one at a time, to remove them from memory.
WHY THIS WORKS: Memory is the most constrained resource on the device. Normally, apps not in use go into background mode and avoid consuming limited resources like memory and network. Sometimes, this process doesn’t work as nicely as Apple and the rest of us developers expect. Removing apps from memory, makes ‘space’ for the app you are currently using.
- If Beyond ETFs doesn’t work any better, remove it from memory and restart the app from the Home screen of the device.
- Restart the device. Hold the sleep/wake button and the home button down at the same time for several seconds. The display will go black quite quickly (usually only 5 or so seconds). Hold the sleep/wake to restart the device. Try the app.
WHY THIS WORKS: It may be that the operating system of the device is not working properly and needs to reload from scratch, which it does when you reboot the device. I like to explain to people that this happens because, as good as the software is, it is written by mere mortals, and problems do occur from time to time. Hopefully, this will fix the problem(s).
- Contact us to help you resolve the issue.