Louis O. Brockmann, American Professor d.1993
Dr. Louis O. Brockmann assumed the Presidency of the Montana State University – Northern in January of 1951. He came to Northern from Montana State University where he was chairman of the Department of Psychology. He was a past district Governor of the Montana Kiwanis organization. He had taught at Northern during an earlier summer session and was both familiar with and interested in the NMC program. The expansion of the campus building program developed under Brockmann. In 1970, the college named the Engineering Technology and Industrial Arts Building, the Brockmann Center.
He moved to a new position at Fullerton State College in Fullerton, California, in December of 1962. After retiring from Fullerton, (now Cal State Fullerton) Dr Brockmann was the 1976-77 President of the CSU Fullerton Ermiti Association which was first organized in 1975.
Of artistic bent, Mrs. Brockmann (Marion) designed the NMC symbol (shown at left), established weaving classes and painted a mural in Cowan Hall. Dr. Brockmann died in California in 1993.
This post has already been read 0 times!Edit