Infonetics Shows IP PBX Market Growth in 4Q05
Larry Howard released the market analysts' report for 4Q05.
I didn't buy the report, but here are the details, confirming rapid transition to IP PBX from digital telephony and strong performance by Cisco.
REPORT HIGHLIGHTS: 4Q05 Enterprise Telephony
- worldwide TDM system revenue falling 15% and IP PBX revenue rising 23% between 2004 to 2005
- worldwide TDM and IP PBX totaled $8.1 billion in 2005, 12% over 2004, reach $11.6 billion by 2009
- IP PBX revenue is forecast to jump up 82% while TDM revenue will plunge 88% in 2005 – 2009
- For the quarter, PBX/KTS revenue totaled $2.2 billion in 4Q05, up 1% over 3Q05, and 10% higher than a year ago
- TDM system revenue was down 6% in 4Q05, and IP PBX revenue nudged 3% higher than last quarter
- In the overall market, Nortel, Avaya, Siemens, Alcatel, and NEC lead in worldwide 2005 line shipments
- Close race between Nortel, Avaya, Cisco in North American IP PBX market line shipments for 2005
- Alcatel leads the IP PBX market in EMEA in 4Q05 and for the year, followed by Siemens
- Cisco dominates the market for IP phones with 42% unit market share in 2005
- Hybrid PBXs were 65% of 2005 PBX/KTS revenue, TDM 23%, pure IP 12%
- 44% of 2005 PBX/KTS revenue from EMEA, 32% from North America, 19% Asia Pacific, and 5% CALA
This post has already been read 0 times!